The following application process must be completed for all Cosmetology applicants:
- Fill out a Seward County Community College Application for Admission
- Complete the Application for Enrollment—Cosmetology form
- Complete a Scholarship/Grant Application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application at www.fafsa.ed.gov (Cosmetology only).
- Meet with Financial Aid, and then submit the signed Financial Aid Interview form to the cosmetology department.
- Make an appointment with the Admissions Office to take the Accuplacer test or submit your ASSET scores.
- You will need to provide the following documentation: a copy of your high school transcript or GED, a copy of all college transcripts, and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you have chosen the SCCC Cosmetology Program.
Acceptance of students into the Cosmetology program is dependent upon available openings and the applicant's performance on Accuplacer. The applicant may need to upgrade reading and writing skills prior to being admitted to the program.
Two basic 1,500 hour Cosmetology classes are accepted annually, with one class beginning in August and one class beginning in January.
Applicants for the cosmetology program should apply no later than June 1 for the August start class and November 1 for the January start class.
If the following was not submitted at enrollment, please be advised on the first day of class, a copy of your Driver's License or other valid state photo ID, as well as your official high school transcript in a sealed envelope will be required to complete the application for the cosmetology apprentice license.