Position is an integral part of the Diesel Technology team. Responsibilities include teaching, conducting hands-on courses, recruiting, advising, tutoring, and evaluating students. Courses taught will include brakes, suspension, engines, and general services. Program is NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) certified.
Associate's Degree preferred but not required. Competency in the instructional area with three to five years of work experience. ASE Certifications in Diesel Medium/Heavy Truck Technology (T1-T8) or ASE Master Certifications (T2-T7) are required.
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Status: Full-Time, Employment based on 180 days during the academic year.
Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
· We regret that the College is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status.
· Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
· Separate application required for additional or future openings.
For the faculty full job description, click HERE
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
1. Completed and signed Seward County Community College application. for employment application click HERE
2. Cover letter, which states how the candidate specifically meets the qualifications.
3. Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
4. Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions and copies of relevant certifications, if applicable. If selected, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. Any fee for such services is paid by the applicant.)
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Diesel Technology Instructor
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
EOE/Drug Free Campus