The Executive Director for Institutional Advancement reports directly to the College President and works closely with the Foundation Board. The Executive Director (ED) is the leader of the Development office and a primary facilitator of alignment between the Development office vision and the overall College vision. The ED is a leader and cultivator of our growing philanthropic culture at Seward. The ED will work closely with the college President, Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and Grant Development, and the Foundation Board to cultivate relationships and oversee the operation of the Development office. The ED has a meaningful and significant role in cultivation and fundraising. The ED will develop major gift proposals and make asks.
Master's degree preferred. Bachelor's degree with a least five years of responsible experience in fundraising and capital campaign oversight.
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Status: Full-Time
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Start Date: ASAP
· We regret that the College is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status.
· Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
· Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
1. Completed and signed Seward County Community College application.
2. Cover letter, which states how the candidate specifically meets the qualifications.
3. Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
4. Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions (copies are acceptable) and copies of any relevant certifications, if applicable. If employed, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. Any fee for such services is paid by the applicant.)
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Executive Director for Institutional Advancement
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
EOE/Drug Free Campus