Position assists in the day-to-day operations of the development and foundation office. Responsibilities include assisting the development director and annual giving director; working with the public; performing general office functions such as bookkeeping, keyboarding documents and data entry; assisting with special events; and performing other related work as required. May supervise work study students. Leadership and oversight to alumni engagement, including setting and managing a strong and sustainable alumni engagement strategy for the campus.
Associate college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program. Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
· Run credit card donations and prepare deposits take minutes for Foundation meetings and other meetings. Assists with maintaining the alumni and foundation web and social media pages.
· Assists in recording donations for the Foundation and generates receipts/thank you letters. Maintains budget expenditures and receivables for Development Office.
· Acts as receptionist for the Development Office.
· Assists with auction database record keeping, solicitation of donations, crating bid sheets, sending meeting notices to auction committee, setup/tear down at auction, and sending auction donor correspondence.
· Creates documents, makes copies, and sends correspondence for the Development Office. Performs other duties required by annual giving director and supervising the Development student workers.
· Alumni relation activities. Utilize current information to develop and expend alumni connections. Assist with large projects including collecting, entering, and organizing data.
· Maintains supplies for Development office, collects and distributes incoming mail, and delivers outgoing mail to mail room.
· Assists in organizing special departments events.
· Updates and maintains the alumni/ donor database. Updates and maintains scholarship activities.
· Assist with mailings for the annual fund drive, reunions, auction, alumni newsletter, and other fundraising and alumni projects.
· Handles incoming and outgoing mail, maintains daily log of donations received through the mail. Performs other various office tasks including filing, copying, answering telephones, and greeting visitors to the development office.
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range: $ 11.92 - $ 13.42 hourly
Position Status: Full-time
Application Priority Deadline: May 23, 2019
Start Date: June 01, 2019
· We regret that the College is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status.
· Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
· Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
1. Completed and signed Seward County Community College application. For the employment applicaiton form click HERE
2. Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
3. Copies of transcripts from highest post-secondary institution (unofficial are accepted) and/or copies of any relevant certifications, if applicable.
**If employed, official transcripts will be required within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards).
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Secretary/ Alumni Coordinator
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Eemployer/ Drug Free Campus