The role of the Department of Safety and Security is to provide campus services which enhance and support the Seward County Community College's Mission Statement. Officers will constantly protect, support and promote our college, its students, faculty, staff, and visitors towards an atmosphere that is safe, peaceful and ideally crime free.
A high school education or GED. One to two years of security and/or public safety experience preferred. Flexibility to work different shifts including: day, night, weekdays, weekends, or holidays a plus.
Competitive salary. Participation in college benefits programs which include: matching annuity; partial SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Status: Part-Time, Day, Night, and Weekend shifts, 20 hrs. per week
Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
· We regret that the College is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status.
· Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
· Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
1. Completed and signed Seward County Community College application.
2. Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
3. Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions (copies are acceptable) and/or copies of any relevant certifications. -- If employed, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. Any fee for such services is paid by the applicant.)
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
EOE/Drug Free Campus