Will Milashoski and Rachel Sirek-Milashoski
Hours per Week:
As an agriculture work study, you will have various duties assisting with the Agriculture Program and Block and Bridle. This is a pleasant working environment, and you will have the opportunity to increase and utilize your skill base. Your duties will include the following:
- Report on time for scheduled work hours – these will be set hours
- Internet research and innovative project management
- Pick up/deliver items as needed
- Set up, take down, assisting with, etc. for shows and events. (FFA livestock judging event, grade school pumpkin patch visit, pig sale, etc)
- Assisting with tours
- Taking care of greenhouse and items in the greenhouse.
- Assisting in the high tunnels and fields.
- Assisting instructors with needed office work (creating word documents, newsletter, filing, etc)
- Any and all other duties assigned
- Gardening work in the two greenhouses, 6 acre garden field, and 4 high tunnels.
- Basic office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Willingness to assist instructors, students, and community
- Heavy Lifting
Skills you will develop:
- You will learn to work and communicate with professors and students as well as the public.
- Professionalism interacting with others in person
- Agriculture knowledge in greenhouse maintenance, field work, marketing events, etc
Appropriate attire for daily tasks, events, and as supervisors see fit.