Business Division Pod
8-10 hours per week
As part of the Business Division, you will have various duties serving the Phi Beta Lambda organization and the Business Administrative Technology (BAT) and Marketing/Management programs. This is a pleasant office environment and you will have the opportunity to use creative thinking while working on special projects. Your duties will include the following:
- Report on time for scheduled work hours – these will be set hours during the 9am-3pm hours, no evenings or weekends necessary
- Internet research and innovative project management
- Create and proof documents
- Use of the computer, copier, and printer
- Liaison between the Phi Beta Lambda team, members and community
- Pick up/deliver items as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Special skills or knowledge you need:
- Business Major
- Pleasant attitude and excellent people skills
- Willingness to assist instructors, students, and community
- Accuracy in typing and all aspects of work
- Excellent proofreading skills, attention to detail
- Broad knowledge of using computer application programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) as well as eagerness to learn various other computer applications as necessary
- Heaving lifting up to 25 pounds may be required
Skills you will develop:
- You will learn to work and communicate with professors and students as well as the public.
- Professionalism interacting with others in person or by phone will benefit you in future jobs.
- Office work will help you learn organizational skills and increase your knowledge of office machines, office procedures, and computer experience in Microsoft Suites.
- You will actively contribute to a pleasant work environment